Tips to keep your Cotton Clothes from Fading
With temperatures soaring these summers and beating all previous records, it is time to ditch those synthetic materials and go for easy, fun and breezy cottons. Cotton clothes are 100% organic and reduce the chances of prickly-heat and other summer-induced skin infections. Cottons are very breathable too, and therefore, let sweat dry out quickly. But the problem with cottons is that they fade fast.
So here are a few tips on how to make your cottons retain their brightness:
- Do not wash cottons in hot or even warm water. Always use cold water for washing.
- Wash in the gentlest cycle if you are using a washing machine. If you’re washing by hand, then twirl the clothes around in the water, let soak for five to ten minutes, twirl again, and hang to dry. Do not wring harshly.
- Do not use harsh detergent powders or liquids. Use gentle soaps. If you can, then you should use shampoo for washing cottons.
- Wash different colours separately. Dark coloured cotton clothes often bleed dye for the first couple of washes. If you wash dark cottons with lights cottons, you’ll end up with a pile of discoloured clothes.
- A cup of white vinegar in a drum full of water in the washing machine keeps cotton clothes from fading and preserves their brightness. Do not worry about the vinegar leaving behind an acrid smell. It does not happen as the concentration of vinegar in the water is so less.
- Spread cotton clothes flat to dry, or hang on a line. Best not to use a dryer. Also, do not spread or hang in the sun. Always dry cotton clothes in the shade.
This tips will ensure your cotton clothes last longer look as good as new every time you step out!
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.